Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Angel: After the Fall Issue 6
Forgotten Conscience
Posted: April 02, 2008 05:28 pm
Quote Post

The minute people fall in love, they become liars.

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11

Just finished #6, which is the start of a three issue telling of what happened after Not Fade Away. Gotta say, so far it's pretty cool. I like what they did with Spike and Connor. And what they did with Lorne's story? Absolutely hilarious.

Connor's part made me laugh the hardest, though Lorne had his moments and Spike's part had a decent amount of fun to it. They should do a mini-series feature Connor. They could call it "My Three Dads". biggrin.gif

--------------------
You canít have any of my pity, I need that for myself. Ė Mason McGuire, Trust Me

Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money. - Jules Renard

Language is the source of misunderstandings. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Speak the truth, but leave immediately after. - Slovenian Proverb

My Fuffy yahoogroup

My Dawn-centric yahoogroup
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Barnabas
Posted: April 04, 2008 03:32 am
Quote Post

Proud Member of the Satsu Fan Club

Group: Members
Member No.: 521

This issue was... well, it just left me kinda huh.gif . I mean, it was good and all, but... huh.gif

The Lorne story was probably my favorite, mostly just because it seemed like the most complete. Connor's is "To Be Continued" next issue, and Spike's (even tho it says "The End") is really a TBC, too, in his four-issue spinoff starting in July. So it just didn't seem like there was that much to either of their stories here. sad.gif

Connor's story is actually kind of confusing, with the part where he gets his memories back. The first time I read it, I thought Brian Lynch must've just made a mistake and forgotten that Connor had already gotten those memories back. But then on the second read-through, on the very first page he's taking about all three of his different 'dads'. So, again: huh.gif Is it just that he got some of them back before, in a fuzzy, hard-to-completely-make-sense-of way, and now he's gotten them back perfectly-clear? (And isn't he a little young to remember Cliff Huxtable? Unless maybe he's caught some of the re-runs on TV Land.)

But the best part of the issue? "Screw you, Dawn!" pause "I hope that's not taken out of context." laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Forgotten Conscience
Posted: April 04, 2008 04:00 am
Quote Post

The minute people fall in love, they become liars.

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11

Yeah, Lorne's was the most complete, but then I think his story was the least involved in the real story, which is Angel's. They sorta got Lorne's out of the way so that they could focus on Connor, probably Gunn, and the big man Angel. I mean, they have to explain the involvement of Nina and Gwen with Connor, when and where Gunn became a vamp instead of being just dead and, well... Angel.

The thing that I find most interesting though is that it's all sorta Wolfram and Hart's doing. Killing them all would be simply too easy, they wanna make the whole gang suffer as much as possible, and they've sorta succeeded. Gunn's become the one thing he's always despised. Wesley's at Wolfram and Hart's mercy and for the most part without freedom of choice, which is the one thing that he always believed in. And Angel has to live with the fact that he's forced everyone he cares about and everyone in L.A. that he fought to protect living through hell.

As for Connor, I think the thing with him and his memories is that he mentioned in Not Fade Away that he got his memory back but that it was like a very strange, very hazy dream. So yeah, I think now all of his memories are a lot more clear in his head. Which I guess makes sense, Wolfram and Hart did give him his "new life" and the memories that went with it, then he goes and gets them back and helps Angel with his little crusade against them. I imagine it's meant to confuse him and question where his loyalties actually lie. Like you said, he now remembers having 3 father figures in his life. Kids often wonder what their parents would do in a bad situation and do that, but now he doesn't know which path to choose because he has three different sets of examples to look to.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
robertstanley
Posted: May 18, 2012 07:35 am
Quote Post

Change me

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,445

We provide all of the advantages of a traditional high school without the social, safety and academic concerns. You can rest assured that Stanley High School will provide you with a superior education that prepares you for college and your professional career. When you enroll in Stanley, you get quality homeschooling online.

We are dedicated to seeing you succeed in education and we are willing to help you achieve your goals. We work with our students on a level that is just right for each student. We are here to help you achieve your goals and get you to the next step in your life. We can do this by offering you an accredited high school diploma program that is online which makes it convenient and affordable for everyone. GED Online
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

GetSkinned.co.uk