|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: November 04, 2007 12:41 pm
Member No.: 1
Joined: January 03, 2006
Well, I've never done this before but I think it's alright to make an exception this time.
As you may have guessed from the topic title, last month we finally reached past the 1.000.000 hits per month mark, which is, of course, also our all time high score.
To put that piece of information a little into perspective I'll show you a graph with the number of unique visitors, the number of visits, and the number of pages viewed during the rest of the year.
As you can see for yourself it's not always a steady growth, but that's fine with me as long as we're still growing.
The most interesting thing however is, that over 75% of all the hits have been generated by the fanfiction section, which leaves only 25% for the other sections on BuffynFaith.net. So, we can safely assume that people mostly come here for fanfictions
To get even more perspective it should be noted that large Harry Potter Fanfiction sites generate a million hits per day. That's not only because HP is so much more interesting, no it's also because the Buffy community is really more decentralised. There are lots of sites with Buffy related themes but none of them, including this one, is considered to be a real home base for the fandom. Even the lesbian oriented community is spread all over the net on countless "smaller" sites.
You know, when I launched BuffynFaith.Net back in 2006 I never wanted to do a site all on my own. Originally, I wanted to expand one of the larger sites like W&D or oralxfatn with my fanfiction software and forums and so on. It would have been way easier to create a large community with an already established site. But those sites didn't want to do that back then and since I wanted to see my software in action I created a new site.
Now, almost two years later I am more or less convinced that it wouldn't have made much of a difference if I had joined one of the more established sites back then. The Buffy community seems to like its individuality and trying to change that might not have worked at all.
Finally, I want to thank all the people who helped making this site work. And it's not only the authors that provide us with our beloved fanfictions. No, there are also the reviewers, the artists and those members gathering and posting information on the forums. Especially those who constantly help out others. Everyone contributes to our small community the way they can and that's how it's supposed to be.
Jessi (in her oh so blunt way): Because I don't want you to be with her - I want you to be with me!