Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Ink, buffy related
CodieWinters
Posted: March 10, 2012 10:43 pm
Quote Post

Change me

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

hey guys! I have been working on a design for a 5x5 tattoo for 2 years now and finally got it inked. I relate a lot to Faith and the how even though we all know she is cool, calm, and collected on the surface there is a ton of issues bubbling below the surface. I wanted to incorporate that into my next piece, so I have a solid line across my forearm that looks like an EKG and reads "five by five". Kinda saying as long as i am alive, everything is five by five.

Tell me what you think. smile.gif

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
Electra
Posted: March 13, 2012 02:02 pm
Quote Post

Worshipper of Joss

Member No.: 10

Awesome! I'd love to get something like that. Very cool design smile.gif You should tweet it to Eliza!

--------------------
Angel: How do you feel?
Faith: Like I did mushrooms and got eaten by a bear.

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
tobaccoandpeppermint
Posted: March 15, 2012 09:40 am
Quote Post

Change me

Member No.: 275

That's a pretty friggin' awesome design, yo. Very original.
PMEmail Poster
Miz Black Crow
Posted: April 28, 2012 01:49 am
Quote Post

Prawn-dwelling goat-beast!

Member No.: 1,352

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif First of all? I LOVE it. I use that expression all the time, and pretty much exactly the way Faith does: I'm not okay, but I'm putting on a smile anyway. It's really cool to see someone get this in tat form.

Now to the actual "interpretation" of your EKG, which I'll leave to Paramedic Faith (from First, Do No Harm) .... (please don't kill me unsure.gif)...

" blink.gif What lead am I looking at? II? For one, your T waves are all fucked up. The lack of P waves suggest that your heart is pacing from the AV junction... this looks like an accelerated junctional rhythm, with a caveat, which is that "beat" in the middle. You see how it's separated like that? How the "second half" is below the isoelectric line, and after the T wave? That's not one, but two ectopic, junctional, beats, possibly coming from the Bundle of His. You're at risk for R-on-T phenomenon, which can put you into cardiac arrest. But believe it or not, you got bigger issues.

Without seein' the rest of the EKG, I can't give you a definitive diagnosis, but my first bet would be that you're havin' a big fuckin' heart attack. I'd love to see the full 12-lead EKG and figure out where the blockage is... Since the SA node is completely gone, my best bet is the Right Coronary Artery...

In terms of what to do? Assuming you're symptomatic, I'd start with some oxygen and some aspirin,  followed by some serious doctorin'. Depending on how you're doin', I'd start a line (definitely) and call maybe a 200-500cc fluid challenge to boost preload and MAP, and get you some Plavix stat, if not a heparin drip. If your BP will support it--and with an RCA infarct, I'm not sure it will--I'd balance a nitro drip against a fluid drip to maintain BP and open up the coronary arteries. Either way, someone needs to put a cath lab on standby, 'cuz you're gettin' an angio tonight, if not a bypass. This is gonna get worse before it gets better, y'know?"

...in case you really, really, REALLY wanted to know what your EKG reads like wink.gif And even if you don't, and are just confused, just know that I love it and it's awesome. thumbup.gif Also please don't kill me again... unsure.gif

~Miz Black Crow

--------------------
'Why yes, Faith, you're the evilest thing I've ever seen.'
PMEmail Poster
CodieWinters
Posted: July 21, 2012 10:22 pm
Quote Post

Change me

Member No.: 50

Miz Black Crow - HAHAHA! I love it! Tell Paramedic Faith thank you for the "interpretation." I actually followed along smile.gif

I'm glad you guys like the ink and idea as much as I do.

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

GetSkinned.co.uk